Monday 23 March 2020

Rubber chicken!

No, my cooking has not got that bad! I am going to see how many meals I can get out of one small chicken. It was one I bought on yellow sticker for £2 last month. I cooked it nice and plain in the slow-cooker yesterday.  Teengirl and I had some with a jacket potato and salad for dinner, we had one breast shared between us. Today I am cooking some potatoes in the airfryer and steaming some veg to go with some more of the cooked chicken. I have saved every scrap of the chicken and plan on doing something with all of it. No waste!
This is what is left after yesterday's dinner. The bigger tub is the chicken, then the bones and then the juices left in the slower cooker after I took the chicken out. I'm determined to use it all- any suggestions on any of these?
What do you do with all of the left over bits from a roast chicken?

I'll fill you in as the week continues to what I do and if I use any of your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment