We sorted out one of the compost bins, and I am very pleased with the amount of compost we have made. The compost bin we emptied today produced 4 wheel barrows, and it was one of the smallest bins on the site. I should have plenty of compost for the year once I have sorted the other 3....
We are reorganising the bed system on the plot. Last year we used the existing system due to the timing on getting the plot. Today we have used wood chipping to map out the boundary of what will become this years potato bed.
Dylan laid the wood chips after we marked out where the path would go. We also laid wood chips under the apple and pear trees in an effort to suppress the weeds this year.
Have you noticed a theme of late, hot choc is becoming a very regular feature at the moment.
Expect lots more allotment posts in the next few weeks as we get it organised.