Thursday 3 January 2013

Week 1 of New aims

Almost a week ago I set out myself some aims for the coming year

  • to finish decorating/ making our home our own
  • to save for the future
  • to enjoy more family fitness
  • frugal- I want to make what we have go further
  • to fix things- I have lots of things around the house that need mending/ altering that I haven't got around to doing.
  • to finish things, I have several craft projects started 2013 is the year to finish things

  • I have been working on these over the past week I thought to keep myself motivated I'd celebrate the successes so far in each area. I have managed so far;

  • to finish decorating/ making our home our own none here yet
  • to save for the future I have saved some money, but this is for my Mum's headstone
  • to enjoy more family fitness We have walked some journeys we would normally drive, we have been digging at the allotment, we have been for a swim this morning.
  • frugal- I want to make what we have go further I have taken an audit of all food in the freezer, I am gong to menu plan the month from this. I have bought several Christmas presents for Christmas 2013 in the sales, as well as some presents for Stephanie's birthday
  • I have just saved on my car insurance, my current insurer wanted to increase my premium to £627 from the £480 I paid last year. I have had no accidents/ claims etc my licence is still clean so I wasn't happy with that. A quick search around the internet and I have a new policy for £409 including full breakdown cover etc etc with a different insurer. Massive money save there!
  • to fix things- I have lots of things around the house that need mending/ altering that I haven't got around to doing. So far I have fixed the step stool, the bars under the mattress on my bed and the kitchen tap.
  • to finish things, I have several craft projects started 2013 is the year to finish things I have finished Stephanie's waterfall cardigan


  • I am pleased with my progress so far, I am hoping to get into a habit of doing a couple of items a week and possibly blogging about them to record my progress and keep me motivated.

    2 comments:

    1. Excellent - good for you! What a great start and really practical goals, too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, the challenge will be keeping up with it when back at work!

        Delete