Then this week we had a dressing up day to support our story writing as we have been lookin gat traditional tales. I went as a princess. I made the dress out of the cape from world maths day for the skirt and the bodice was a little leftover fabric in my stash. I borrowd one of Stephanie's tiara's to complete the outfit.
Today was our Easter bonnet parade, so last night I borrowed one of Stephanie's hats and sewed some Easter chicks I had from past years around it will a little ribbon, again deliberately leaving the ribbon long so that it can be removed and reused for a more permanent something.
Next term we are looking at china and learning traditional Chinese tales. So need to get my thinking cap on for a dressing up costume as the dressing up really supports the children's writing. I also need to make some Chinese inspired costumes as I want to have a Chinese dance school as our role play area for the term.All ideas welcome!!