Friday 26 December 2014

Thinking ahead

There is something about boxing day that makes me want to sit and plan for the future. I think it may be as Boxing Day is often spent with time for me as opposed to all the days through December which tend to be full of busy-ness. Also once Christmas is over I find myself thinking that spring is on the way. With the new house to organise I have a few things I need to do, many of the household jobs have been completed, there are a handful of jobs to go but they are all relatively easy and I am hoping to complete them over the next couple of days.

To help with getting organised I have made myself lists. I have one full of wish lists- I want  a new, bigger and less wobbly dining room table, I would like a compost bin, water butt etc. for the garden along with a few other bits and bobs. I have a to od list comprising of things such as building the plant beds in the garden, put up the bathroom shelves, organise the shed and other such household things. the third list is my plant list, I have been thinking about what I want to grow in the garden next year. If I make a list I can organise a planting schedule and it will also help me to think about space as I begin to set upo the garden. I am considering giving over my front garden to vegetable growing- it is an odd triangle shape, on a downward slope and not much use for anything else! In the back garden I will have one corner where I intend to put the raised beds, then the rest will be family space. I have a picture in my head- only time will tell if this will work.

 
Hmm this photo won't let me turn it. So if you really want to see the beginnings of my lists, I have no doubt that they will all grow faster than they are completed, you will have to turn your head! Sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment