Monday 4 October 2010

times flying away from me!

Wow where has the time gone? I seem to be stuck in a never ending circle of reading/cleaning/travelling and there isn't much time for anything else. So have neglected my poor blog.

Today its Dylan's 12th birthday so really am having a case of where has the time gone today?

I am still trying to keep up with my ethical/ eco attempts even if I have been a bit on the quiet side. I have reduced our household waste, I am not quite filling a bag a week now, so am very pleased. Have also had news from our council today that they are planning on sending out brown wheelie bins over the next few months in which I can put cooked food as well as uncooked food. Which means anything I can't compost at home can still avoid landfill. I have got to get a new composter as well, due to our current one being full! I have had to put compostable goods in the normal bin as I have nowhere else for it. So on my to do list it is!


Now remember a few months back that I said I plan on cutting down the amount I buy people at christmas/birthdays here to prove that I really am trying is evidence in the form of Dylans birthday present pile;


He still does not know what they are as I only gave him one small one this morning before he went to school. He will get the rest when he gets home this evening.

The children have also asked if we can have a halloween party this year, I have agreed and have suggested they may like to make some of the decorations etc themselves out of the old toilet roll tubes etc I have been saving so far Stephanie has made some witches candles;






Lots more ideas are being hatched at the moment, will post as we manage to make them

No comments:

Post a Comment