Saturday 5 March 2011

Busy, busy!

I am not sure where this week has gone! It has flown by and I haven't had time to blog and let you know what we have been doing. So I am going to do a round up post, showing highlights from our week.

My cousin had her baby very prematurely this week at 31 weeks. Mum and Baby are doing well, even if baby is tiny at 3lb 3 oz. The early arrival meant I needed to organise myself to make the baby quilt I have been planning for months Luckily I had bought all of the components, I just hadn't got around to actually sewing. I'm very pleased with the end result just hope my cousin likes it a much as I do.

Tonight Dylan made dinner. Homemade pizza YUM!

We also had nachos..

and of course being Saturday evening, I treated myself to a glass of wine.

I have spent most of my spare time, which isn't very much, practising my knitting on a scarf for Stephanie. I may have got way ahead of myself but I REALLY want to knit her a cardigan.

Oh and of course there was the dress up day at school I managed to over look. I was reminded by Stephanie at 5pm Thursday evening that she needed to go into school dress up as something from around the world. Her suggestion of being a Spanish dancer threw me at first, given the time available and the fact that the shops were shut. However thank you to my lovely friend Liv who happened to have had this dress given to her a few months back. We altered it and Stephanie is very impressed with her new dressing up outfit.

It is not just at home that I have been creative. This was made at university in a science seminar where we dissected a daffodil. My friend Claire and I decided to make the Bean family, now where do my children get their concentration spans from....

No comments:

Post a Comment