Saturday 30 July 2011

My new favourite dress

I went to visit my mum the other day, she asked when we got there if I could take her into town to get some bits and happened to mention that the market was on and there is a stall she thought I would like. It was a fabric stall, now I thought I may get some more material for Stephanie but didn't hold out much hope of finding a fabric I liked to make myself a dress. I have really struggled to find anywhere selling material that I like for myself. So imagine my excitement when the first fabric that caught my eye was exactly what I have had in mind for aggggggggggeeeeeeeessssssssss. And even more exciting just £1 per metre, what are the chances?

I quickly bought some and couldn't wait to get home and turn it into a new dress. I am so pleased with the result. I am planning on wearing to my friends 10th wedding anniversary party next week.



Not the best picture, I don't have a full length mirror in the house so had to rely on Stephanie taking the picture for me. Hopefully I will be able to get a better picture of it on Saturday.
The bodice of the dress is loosely based on a pattern for a top I already have, I guessed with the skirt and surprisingly got it right first time I was expecting to have to fiddle with it.

It is really popular too, my sister and my aunt have asked me to make them one.

No comments:

Post a Comment