Sunday 8 January 2012

a new blind

Yesterday I spent a lovely afternoon sewing this is what I made;

I used the channel 4 tutorial as a guide. However I changed slightly by cutting an old wooden curtain pole to the size I needed rather than buying a new piece of wood for the purpose. I am very pleased with the end result, I never thought I would be able to make a blind, now I am contemplating one for the kitchen window when I settle on a fabric.

I set out in my New year aspirations that I would like to complete this blind, I am so pleased to have achieved one item off my list already. I am not going to achieve one item off of January's list- i set out that I would go swimming twice, however I have broken my toe and been advised not to go swimming for at least a month. I did however dig on the allotment for an hour and half (Shh I was told not to swim no said about digging....) so I got my exercises in that way.

I also made this for my dinner, it is a risotto using some leftover ingredients from the fridge. I used this JO recipe as a starting point and added half a red pepper, a mushroom and some prawns I had left over in the fridge.

It was very scrummy and a fab way to use up leftover foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment