Thursday 3 May 2012

Swoon quilt

Back in January when I said I was going to join in the Swoon-a-long I never imagined it would take me almost 4 months to complete! I finally finished it today;

I have been meaning to make a red quilted picnic blanket for about 2 years so this swoonalong finally gave me the opportunity to finally put this into action. The various fabrics used were either bought for eventually being turned into a picnic blanket, leftovers from various other projects I have done or were given to me by family members. The dotty material I used for the backing is a fleece blanket I picked up in a discount store for this. I decided to use this and no wadding as it was more cost effective. I am very pleased with the result.

Must dash my second batch of bread should be near ready for baking..

No comments:

Post a Comment