Tuesday 28 July 2015

We're going on a shark hunt...

We're going to see some big ones
We not scared
They're swimming in the tanks!







Today Stephanie and I went to the aquarium. Stephanie is loving sharks at the moment, so a quick bit of research found that local to us London Aquarium has the highest variety of sharks for us to see.

It wasn't our most frugal day but savings were made along the way. Children travel for £1 on trains at the moment so our train fares cost less than £26. There is also an offer on south eastern trains where you can get 2 for 1 vouchers for many London attractions. Sea-life is one of these. You can either pick up a leaflet in the station or print your own from their online site here. I decided to print my own as in previous summers the train station has run out of leaflets.

We queued for ages to get in to the aquarium but we had a fabulous time in there. We were there for around 3 hours. My phone battery died so I only got a few pictures. Stephanie used my phone camera to take some videos. We did take Stephanie's camera with us but her memory card filled up very quickly! LOL

I plan on helping Stephanie to collect all the shark facts she learns over the holidays and see if we can make a little book to make use of all of the pictures. Stephanie is really enjoying using the computer at the moment so I am thinking a digital book may be the way to go.

How do you support your children's interests so that they extend their knowledge?


No comments:

Post a Comment