Tuesday 11 May 2010

I'm making!

http://www.texasfreckles.com/2010_04_01_archive.html this blog is very interesting and the blogger describes how to make a charm quilt. I have decided to make a quilt using her instructions, however I have a limited stock of fabrics so mine will not be a 'real' charm quilt as there will be repeated prints on it.
I started with some peices of paper from my recycling box, on the back I printed the hexagon templates and cut those out.












then I found a pile of odd bits of material, and cut those into squares, following the instructions I now have;














When I have finished basting them, and sewn them together I will ave a very pretty (hopefully!) quilt for Stephanie. Bearing in mind these are 1" hexagons, this may take a while.

Whats that you say?? how is the search for a compost bin coming along?

hmm, tomorrow perhaps, I really am easily distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment