I have spent this afternoon with the children at the allotment, this picture is one I took the other day. Today we have been working on digging the end of this patch near the fence. I have almost finished it. It was made harder by the discovery of concrete slabs which were clearly used by a previous allotmenteer as an edging. The fork kept hitting something hard when I was digging. It took a while for me to locate and then even longer to remove the offending slabs. I removed a few of them but there are still lots more. I may use them myself but in different places on the allotment, if not I will offer them free to any other allotment holder who would like them, I need to think about this some more.
I seem to be very optimistic in my recent list making adventures, my lists seem to take days to complete. I have not quite finished Saturdays list and it is Sunday evening, This suggests to me I am trying to do too much. So I am going to make a smaller list for tomorrow and give time slots I want to try to stick to to complete each item. her goes;
- Once I have taken Stephanie to school I am going to go to the allotment and finish clearing the end of this patch.
- I am going to go potato shopping. I need to decide which potatoes I want to plant. Dusty on the allotment plot next to mine very kindly offered me a few the other day, but I suspect I will plant more as well. I need to get a huge bag of compost to mix into where I want to plant the potatoes.
- I am going to do at least an hour of uni work. I must get cracking on this assignment.
- I need to do the ironing. There are piles all over the house. I doubt I will get much else done.
- I promised Stephanie a trip to the library after school so that we can source more bedtime stories as we have read all the ones we got last time.