1. Plant something- we have begun our spring planting, planting; peas, sweetcorn, aubergine, leek, pepper, tomato, beginia,sweetpeas, parsnip, cauliflower, lobelia, broccoli, french bean. I plan on planting a few seeds every week to make a successional harvest.
2. Harvest something. we have harvested red cabbage, curly kale, savoy cabbage, bay and rosemary.
3.Preserve something. I froze some reduced items from the supermarket.
5. want not I bought some reduced price meat for freezing, some reduced price cereal and wafers because of their damaged boxes ( 50p for a box of rice krispies and 20p per box of ice cream wafers). Also some stickers for 5p a box I used to decorate around my house.
I also gave these to my allotment neighbour
6. Eat the food I cooked a roast chicken on Sunday which made dinners for Monday and Tuesday as well, and 2 jars of stock. I also had apple and rhubarb I froze from the allotment last summer with some custard for dessert.
7. Build community food systems
I took the bay and rosemary to school as well as some cabbage and kale for the children in my class to chop and use in the role play corner.
8. Skill up
I have learnt to join a new ball of wall to my crochet, ok so I need to ind a ball of wall to match the colour my mum started it in, of the 2 bin liners full of yarn I inherited from her none of them match!
Ok so I seem to have acheived more than last week.