Friday 28 December 2012

thinking ahead

It's that time of year when we think about what we want to achieve in the coming 12 months. This time last year I decided I was going to write my aspirations, in the hope that calling them this instead of resolutions would inspire me to stick with it. I made a lovely long list of what I wanted to do and then separated them into monthly sections. It helped for the first few months but I have barely looked for the past few months. Mostly because of life develops and things go in different directions to that which we first thought. With this in mind I am thinking about how to work things this year. I have some different ways I want to  live this year, little changes I think will help make life easier. I am still thinking on this but so far I have;

  • to finish decorating/ making our home our own
  • to save for the future
  • to enjoy more family fitness
  • frugal- I want to make what we have go further
  • to fix things- I have lots of things around the house that need mending/ altering that I haven't got around to doing.
  • to finish things, I have several craft projects started 2013 is the year to finish things
I may add to these as the year progresses. Tonight I am going to think about some of the things I am going to fix. So far I know I need to

  1. fix my wardrobe, the shelf is all wonky I am going to sort this out
  2. my living room curtains are too long, they are going to be hemmed
  3. the dresser in the kitchen needs new handles
  4. Dylan's wardrobe needs the handles fixed
  5. Stephanie has a dressing up dress that has been in my bedroom for months which needs fixing
I am certain once I get started I will find more things to fix, I will do these as I find them and not let them build up.

I will post more tomorrow on one of the other areas I aim to improve.


What are you aiming for over the coming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment