Saturday 22 June 2013

Another birthday party

Stephanie has another birthday party tomorrow. Again I have decided to mind the pennies and make the gift rather than buy one.
Remember the bags I made as gifts earlier in the year? Well Stephanie wanted me to make a bag for this little girl too.
So I went off to search through my fabric stash and found this:
An old torn/outgrown dress of Stephanie's...

and an off cut of pink fabric from an old project.
 
 
Inspired by the shape of the dress once I unstitched the ruched parts, I used the hem of half the dress and cut two of the corner pieces out to form the shape of the bag, and two identically shaped pieces of the off cut fabric.
 
Less than an hour later I have this;
A pretty handbag. Just need to get Stephanie's approval when she gets home tomorrow, then off to her friend it will go.
 
 

1 comment: