Tuesday 2 July 2013

AH Poop!

My car is v. poorly. So poorly that my handy friend had to ask for a second opinion at the garage as he didn't want it to be the only problem he could see it being. Does that make sense? It does in my head! LOL
Alas, the garage's opinion was the same- it's pooped get rid!
Too expensive to fix, even with handy friend doing it. So all the hard earned pennies I have saved this year for our house, will instead be converted to new wheels fund. Poop POOP POOP POOP POOP!
Still I guess I should be lucky that I managed to save that much. I am hoping that I won't have to touch the other money I have saved to help pay for the car. The other money saved is for a very special Christmas treat for us all. I will be devastated if I have to use that as well. I am hoping to save for a few weeks more yet, until into the summer holiday so that I can get a decent-ish car with the little I have to spend. As long as I have one back on the road by the beginning of September or I won't be able to get to work and that would mean an even bigger pile of POOP for us! LOL

Still it's not all bad news, I was kidnapped last night. By some friends who think I work too hard and needed a night out. How lovely was that. Even though I protested  a lot over the phone and told them I wasn't going, no money etc etc. They were insistent on treating me, so turned up on the doorstep even thought I'd told them not to. They were a little naughty, and ignored my no's and asked the children if they would like a trip to see Despicable me 2 at the cinema. Of course they both said yes! Because naughty friends asked the children I then couldn't object without being mean mummy.
So we went and we did all have a lovely time, it is a good film. But I have told lovely friends never to pull a stunt like that again, cheeky (but lovely) devils.

When we got home I had another lovely surprise, I won the give away over on compost woman's blog. I am off to the Hampton court flower show thanks to ecover
I am so excited, I can't wait to go and explore :-D

So not all is doom and gloom here I guess. Once new wheels bought we will start again.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I was able to lighten your poopy day with some good news :-)

    I hope you all have a lovely time at RHS Hampton Court :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you so much for linking to my blog, RHS and to Ecover :-) That was very good of you :-)

    ReplyDelete