Saturday 10 August 2013

organising

Today has been another organising kind of a day- well for Dylan. His granddad drove him to Ikea to get the furniture for his bedroom as I was looking after my niece and nephew while my sister went clothes shopping. Dylan is getting so grown up, he built the bulk of his furniture himself with just a tiny bit of help from Granddad. pictures will follow once he has organised his things onto the new furniture but his bedroom looks so much better for having smaller furniture.

I started the day with a 5km parkrun. It is my first time at one of these events as they are all at 9am on a Saturday and Stephanie normally has a swimming lesson at 9am. I was very pleased that I completed the course in 30 mins 32 seconds. This is a timed by chip event so the timing is very accuyrate and your results get emailed to you after the event. I was 39th person to complete the run today; 10th female and 4th in my age group. Not bad especially as lots of the runners were running club members. I really enjoyed the run, I would love to be able to participate more often but never  mind.

Once I got back I made these for my room;

 Then my sister dropped my niece and nephew off to me for the afternoon.
We had a fun afternoon involving watering the garden, shooting water guns at the windows/fences/shed etc, bouncing on the trampoline, reading, making dinner together and making tents from furniture boxes;

We decorated the boxes with various pens and paint together and lay in them looking at books. Once everyone had left I loaded the car for tomorrows bootfair. I do hope I can clear the majority of the stuff. The attic is looking half empty and the house is looking good I don't want to have to fill it back up.
I am now going to sit in front of the television and knit before getting some sleep for my early start.

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing summer holiday you are all having. You are getting so much done! And should feel so proud of yourself.

    Would you be able to let me know how you find out about the moneysaving.com competitions? I would really like to participate.

    Thanks

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the first one, I clicked through on a link from Somebody else's blog and emailed moneysupermarket asking to join in.
      Another one I saw on moneysupermarkets Twitter feed, and the charcoal one they emailed me to see if I was interested :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Could you let me know if another comes up? I'd really appreciate it!

      Ooooo the world of twitter! I'll have to get Mr Sft onto that as he follows various folk!

      FB i don't do as my head has suggested strongly we don't! I think he's been reading the newspapers.

      Sft x

      Delete