Sunday 5 July 2015

Something sweet

I really fancy sweet things this weekend. I occasionally get days like this. Hence the cake yesterday. Which Dylan made and is very tasty. I'll definitely make eggless cakes more. Just need to find the recipe off of him.


Then today I still fancied something sweet after having a little slice of cake. I looked in the fridge and there is 3/4 of the watermelon Stephanie asked for the other day. I don't fancy it by itself so I made a drink with some of it;

Water melon lemonade. It was very nice, possibly a little too sweet. I will definitely use less sugar next time. 

This is the recipe I used;
  • 1.2kg (2½ lb) cubed, seeded watermelon
  • 150g (5 oz) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
  • 120ml (8 fl oz) fresh lemon juice
  • 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
  • 475ml (16 fl oz) water 

As it serves 8 I divided all of the ingredients by 8 to get a rough quantity. I had a tiny over the whole glass shown above. It is very refreshing. I confess I didn't bother to seed the watermelon just chopped and threw it into the blender. I also changed fresh lemon juice to the bottled lemon juice I already had open in the fridge. It was really refreshing. I will have to make it when Stephanie is home she might like that one.

I have added a new page to the blog to help me to be more accountable for my lack of restraint when spending. There are so many changes happening to my income at the moment (and not in a good way!) I am treading a very fine line to stay on top of everything. Hopefully by putting it there in black and white it will help me to have more self control!

I could offer tonnes of excuses why I am not having the restraint needed but the most honest one is I am tired and I don't want to. However, due to things beyond my control things have to change as a result so do I!


No comments:

Post a Comment